The Vintage Tea Party is a baking cookbook, but much more than just your average baking book by
Its a trip down memory lane, it’s a discovery fo the five things in life and it’s a book that will just as happily look good sitting on your coffee table.
It will definitely look good propped up in your kitchen being used again and again.
A talented book by a talented woman.
Product Description –
Vintage Patisserie is a vintage hosting company offering bespoke tea parties from a bygone era, delivering everything from music, makeovers and – of course – a customised menu of tea party treats that elevate any function into a swanky soiree. The Vintage Tea Party Book embraces the style and class of the trendy London Vintage scene and illustrates how to beautifully recreate the tasty treats and classic styles at home. With a unique mixture of recipes and feature spreads with accessible tips on hairstyling, makeup methods and where to collect vintage china — The Vintage Tea Party Book has it all.
“The Vintage Tea Party helps you plan not only stunning recipes for all sorts of delicious treats but also gives you countless styling tips for the perfect occasion.” – Glamour Magazine (SA)
A bit of vintage memorabilia…
‘Lux Sunlight Flakes’, which was a pure soap in flake form, shaped like tiny flat diamonds. It was introduced in the US in 1899 and was perfect for washing delicate fabrics, silk and woolens and it had no additives whatsoever.
By 1924, Lux became a mass market toilet soap throughout the world endorsed by many celebrities.
In 1943, rather than risk lowering the high quality of Lux, the makers withdrew it from the market altogether. Then in November 1947 they announced that by Christmas of that year the blue packets of ‘Lux Sunlight Flakes’ would be back on the shelves again.
I had a box which seem to last me years and years. I only used it for hand washing but used to love the smell it left on my clothes. Now, you never see it around although Ebay and Amazon have ‘Soap Flakes‘ you can buy.
During the 40’s, 50’s and 60’s they used many famous stars to endorse Lux soap including Sandra Dee and Diana Rigg and in the 70’s and 80’s the famous faces were Brigitte Bardot, Natalie Wood, Sophie Loren and Raquel Welch.
Now you can buy posters of the adverts for ‘Lux Sunlight Flakes’ and even a Jigsaw of the adverts on Ebay or Amazon.
Thanks to Grapefruitviolins for nominating me for the Liebster award! It’s my first award for my Afternoon Tea4Two blog so I am really chuffed. The award is supposed to be for those with under 200 followers, so I have nominated bloggers who I really enjoy reading.
Here are the rules:
- Acknowledge the blog who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator asked
- Nominate 11 other bloggers
- Ask them 11 questions
- Let them know you have nominated them
Let’s get to it, starting with Grapefruitviolins questions!
- Do you prefer typing or writing out by hand? Why? Typing as I can get it done so much quicker and my writing has gone worse over the years.
- Is this your first blog? No, my first blog is my Back Pain Blog which I started after having four failed back surgeries and got hooked on blogging.
- Which of your blog posts are you most proud of? The ones where I write about the awards I have won, like this one 🙂
- What is your favourite place that you have only been to once? That’s are hard one as I like to go back to places I love. I think it will have to be Lake Como in Italy.
- What pet peeve of yours do others not share? Putting dirty pots in the dishwasher 🙂
- Which is better- a riddle or a joke? A riddle I remember those better.
- How would you rate your most recent camping experience out of 10? Not been camping since school so can’t really rate it but I know my daugther and her husband love it 🙂
- What is your favourite hot drink? Hot chocolate.
- Have you ever been to the zoo? Yes, quite a few of them actually. Shocking news over Christmas that two had fires.
- Can you describe your time at school in 3 words? Fun, happy, memories.
- How do you feel about horror films? If I watch them late they keep me awake 🙂
Now for the 11 bloggers I nominate to receive the award, and pass it on if they wish:
Hutts New World
Green, Health & Wellness
God school’s Blog
The F Word
Make Some Extra Money
Here are my 11 (hopefully easy) questions to you:
- What prompted you to write a blog?
- Why do you blog?
- Where was your last holiday?
- Cat or Dog?
- If you could meet anyone dead or alive who would it be?
- Describe yourself in three words.
- What are three things you cannot live without?
- What advice would you give to a new blogger?
- What’s your biggest weakness?
- Movies or books?
- How was your day today?
Chocolate is …
and tastes good with…
It’s also …
And it makes the world go round ! and so say all of us CHOCAHOLICS…
My latest book ‘Diet’s Away’ is available on Amazon and Kindle.
Diet’s Away is a comprehensive guide of diet tips and tricks to help you lose weight. It covers some of the best foods, herbs, drinks, diets, websites, apps, tips, blogs and much more.
It even has a chapter on how you can eat certain chocolates even if you are on a diet. As a true chocoholic myself I had to include this.
I’m just loving this year’s ‘Great Interior Design Challenge’ on BBC 2 –
The search is on for Britain’s best amateur interior designers. They work in a variety of architectural styles, which I love seeing as much as the challenge. Then the contestants have three days to impress both the judges and the homeowners.
The first two episodes have shown contestants transforming living rooms in former workers cottages in Saltaire, which was a place I had never heard of before and also transforming bedrooms in Regency properties in Cheltenham ( now I have know Cheltenham).
Although some are a tad wild for me I always pick up a few tricks and find I want to move things around at home. I can’t wait for tonight’s episode at 8pm.
Hi – pop over to my other site ‘Back Pain Blog UK‘ to see my new blog awards and who I have awarded them to.
It could be you? ………..