Fragrance of saffron fills the air
as the teapot’s steam flies around
crystal cups sit on a steel tray
along with cookies and rock candies
on a colorful carpet in the yard
Hot black tea pours into cups
damask rose petals float on top
as honey slowly dissolves
one sip and the cinnamon taste
casts a spell of peace on mind
In the frosty mornings of winter
or under the heat of summer’s sun
together we build sweet memories
and relax with a smile
drinking a cup of Persian tea
by Crimson Ruby
Source All Poetry
8 Reasons to drink ginger tea for health benefits.
- Ginger is good for digestion. It helps soothe digestive problems, especially for heartburn and nausea.
- It can help strengthen your digestive system.
- It can reduce the risk of kidney damage.
- It can manage the effects of diabetes as the root contains zinc which can help in the secretion of insulin.
- It may help lower blood pressure. A study in 2017 found people who consume ginger on a daily basis had a lower risk of hypertension.
- It may help weight loss as it regulates the blood sugar level and controls the urge to eat. It can also improve the metabolism and fat absorbing ability which helps in weight loss.
- It can ease headaches and migraines.
- It is full of antioxidants which may protect your cells against free radicals which can play a role in heart disease, cancer and other diseases.