We all want to treat our Mums (I wish I could) and there is certainly a lot of choices to choose from but here are my top ten picks for Mother’s Day gifts. Hurry up and buy while stocks last.
- Bake a Day of It Box – Every box has two new recipes a month as well as a few items such as biscuit cutters, decorating equipment or special ingredients. The items will always be related to the recipes and each month’s box has a theme ! If you subscribe before the 1st of the month, you will receive your box through the post the following month. Subscription is from £13 or you can buy a single box for £15, so a very reasonable price.
2. Cookie Crumbles Baking Kit Subscription – this is one for the whole family. The monthly baking kits are aimed at introducing kids to wholesome homemade food made from natural ingredients such as wholemeal flour, various seeds and dried fruit. With these baking its you’ll be baking tasty treats packed with goodness such as blueberry and vanilla muffins, gluten-free cinnamon brownies and even granola bars. They start from £8 per month.
3. Bakedin – Subscription boxes from Bakedin have two completely unique subscription boxes, the baking club and the bread baking club. Each month, they deliver a unique baking kit with a recipe exclusively developed in-house and posted through your letterbox. There kits contain all the dry ingredients, an easy to follow recipe card and some handy extras like the baking paper. All their flour is local to them in Hampshire and they only use top notch Belgian chocolate. They have subscriptions to their Baking Club and their Bread Baking Club which start from £14.00 per month down to £8.25 for a 12 month subscription.
4. Brigit’s Bakery is an afternoon tea with a difference, and all because it’s situated on a London double decker bus. On 27 March Brigit’s Bakery is launching an afternoon tea especially for Mothering Sunday, which involves sipping on a cup of tea while taking in the London landmarks. Brigit’s Bakery Mother’s Day Afternoon Tea, £110, from Red Letter Days – buy here
5. These are gorgeous cards for Mother’s Day and other occasions. They are made by Flower Card and are artist created cards adorned – Endless Affection showcases two bold, classic roses flanked by white carnations and lilac sprays. A fan favourite amongst the Flowercard community! From £25.00
6. Sals Forever Flowers preserve and create timeless keepsakes with your precious flowers to capture a moment in time forever. You could send your flowers onto Sals Forever Flowers after Mother’s Day or buy one of their unique gifts like their real flower bookmarks with optional personalisation from £10.99. They come with the option to be personalised with an initial. These bookmarks are half clear with real flowers and half coloured. The flowers are picked at random for these bookmarks as are the tassels. However, if you have any special requests just add a note at checkout.
7. I love this personalised egg board for Mum from Not On The High Street, for £24.99 With two deep egg holder grooves and a flat area for her toast, and a useful groove around the edge to catch any crumbs, this stylish engraved wooden breakfast board is ideal if you are on the hunt for personalised gifts for mum this birthday!
Beautifully engraved with the funny message of your choice in an attractive and modern font, we will also etch any name and bottom line of your choice to the front of the personalised egg board. There is also an option to add an additional personal message to the back of the board to let mum know just how much she means to you on mothers day for £24.99
8. Another one from Not On The High Street is this Stitch What You’ve Grown Gardening Apron Diy Kit – such a brilliant idea, for £38
The apron is printed in light grey with our lovely hand-drawn vegetable illustrations. The kit includes all the threads, needle & instructions to sew over the apron to bring colour to it.
You can use it as a check-list of all the veg you’ve grown in your garden. Or treat it as a satisfying embroidery kit and fill in each vegetable to cover the apron with colour.
Designed as a gardening apron – with a handy pocket for your phone, seeds or gloves – it is also perfect for use in the kitchen. Made from natural cotton canvas for all-purpose use, the pocket and straps are made from a soft, high-quality faux suede – comfy to wear and hard-wearing. Brass stud detail and gold logo print on the pocket add quality touches. The neck strap is adjustable with a brass buckle so that the length can be changed to suit £38.