Balance Coffee – named the #1 UK’s best speciality coffee subscription services by Hot Dinners and rated 5 star on google. By joining the Balance subscription club you’ll access exclusive benefits that one-time purchasers cannot. Drink great coffee for 15% less when you subscribe. The Balance Coffee expert team send you their popular, fresh, exciting new coffees from around the world so that you’re able to try a variety of flavours. You’ll receive x6 expert coffee lessons from Founder James. Enjoy naturally clean coffee, free from mould, mycotoxins and pesticides. Subscriptions from £8.50 Voted best speciality coffee company 2021.
Exhale – A coffee company that seeks to do more – especially for the health of people and the environments that sustain them. Exhale is a small business with big ambitions to promote health, sustainability and fairness in the coffee supply chain. To do this means taking a family mentality to work. Together, they combine their passions and skills to bring you the healthiest coffee imaginable, sourced responsibly, and with a true love of the craft. Subscriptions from £9 – The Organic House Roast is the first coffee In the UK to be sourced and roasted to support your health and wellness, as well as your performance. 9x independently lab tested and supported by Dr Rupy, NHS medical doctor.
If it’s coffee pods you are after then Bear is the subscription to buy. #ONETREEPLANTED – Coffee that is good for the planet. For every box of 100% Compostable, Nespresso® Compatible* coffee pods that you buy, Bear will plant a tree on your behalf via their partners, ON A MISSION. Every. Single. Time. Coffee Pod Subscriptions with 30 pods from £16.50
National Fish and Chip Day – Friday 27th May 2022 – The biggest day in the fish and chip calendar is back! National Fish and Chip Day 2022 will return for the seventh year on Friday 27th May!
The event has gone from strength to strength since its launch in 2015 and despite the restrictions, nearly 50 million people would have seen, heard or read about the awareness day last year. National TV, radio and newspapers featured stories as did the regional media. Social media was awash with fish and chip stories with our hashtag #nationalfishandchipday and it went to number 1 on Twitter from 8 a.m. and stayed there all day long! Look for more details on the NEODA website.
2. British Sandwich Week – 22nd – 28th May – Every year British Sandwich Week celebrates the humble sandwich in all its glory as well as the contribution that the sandwich industry makes to the economy. The British Sandwich & Food to Go Association is the trade body behind the celebratory week. Members range from supermarkets and food to go manufacturers to sandwich bars, cafes and the suppliers of ingredients and equipment for the industry. As well as representing the interests of members to the Government, the Association sets industry standards and organises events such as British Sandwich Week and the annual British Sandwich & Food To Go Industry Awards, also known as the ‘Sammies’.
What is a sandwich? The British Sandwich Association defines a sandwich as: Any form of bread with a filling, generally assembled cold – to include traditional wedge sandwiches, as well as filled rolls, baguettes, pitta, bloomers, wraps, bagels, and the like, but not burgers and other products assembled and consumed hot. Hot eating sandwiches are also included. For more details on the British Sandwich Week head to the website here.
3. Marmalade Awards Week – 14th May 2022- held at The Dalemain Mansion & Historic Gardens in the Lake District. Home of the world’s original Marmalades. The winners will be announced at the Awards ceremony at Dalemain, where we will be launching the 2022 Best in Show. The winning marmalade will be for sale and the category winners will be invited as guests of honour to see their marmalade, on the altar in the State Rooms.
At the Festival there will be Q&A’s, cookery demonstrations, interviews and more as we celebrate all things marmalade! Join us for children’s activities, tastings and displays of Marmalade in the State Rooms. The perfect day out for all the family!
The organisers of the Marmalade Awards have always been proud to promote champion quality marmalade making, and the Double Gold winners this year are representative of excellence in Artisan preserves. The evening was enhanced by the presence of celebrity guest Pam Corbin, world renowned for her marmalade making skills.
4. The Great British Food Festival – from May to September – check out dates and venues from the list on their website – Combining the nation’s love of great food and drink with some of the country’s most treasured locations. GBFF offers a chance to enjoy some very special times together. They run events that you would love to go to, GBFF will always do their best to make their festivals. With so many GBFF on over the Spring and Summer and Autumn, you are sure to find one near you.
5. National Doughnut Week – 7th – 15th May – National Doughnut Week is a very special week where businesses including bakers, coffee shops, offices and take part and sell lots of delicious doughnuts to raise funds for The Children’s Trust. It’s really easy to get involved and there is no charge to take part! All you have to do to register is complete the online registration form and you will receive a pack of goodies to help organise and promote the week. So whether you’re a baker, a school or a business that wants to get involved and raise funds for The Children’s Trust they would love to work with you. And 100% of the funds raised go straight to the charity so rest assured all your hard work directly benefits the children involved in The Children’s Trust. Click here for the registration form.
6. Food Allergy Awareness Week – May 8th – 14th – Over 32 million Americans have a serious and potentially life-threatening food allergy. The picture widens to nearly 85 million Americans impacted, when you account for all the people who shop for, cook for, and live with those with severe food allergies, as well as those with food intolerances and avoidances.
May 8-14 to celebrate Living Teal Food Allergy Awareness Week. They want to invite all in the food allergy community to learn, love and connect through food, education, advocacy and more. Find out lots more on the Food Allergy Awareness Week website.