- It’s best to transfer both loose tea and tea bags from a cardboard or paper packet or tub into an air-tight container.
- Tins and caddies with tight-fitting lids are good as they can keep out smells and humidity which can affect the tea.
- Storing the jars in a dark cupboard will mean the tea will keep well.
- You should never keep it in the fridge as there is always the chance that water will get into the packet.
- You should always be careful with flavoured teas, as the added flavourings can be very powerful and easily taint other teas nearby.
- For loose tea, it is essential that you check that the spoon or scoop that you use is completely dry.
- If there is even a drop of moisture on the spoon, the humidity introduced to the interior of the packet or caddy will have an effect on the quality of flavour.
I have just published my book ‘A Little Book on Tea Cake & Chocolate‘, which would make a great gift for anyone who loves tea, cake and chocolate.
This little book on tea and cake is a guide about one of our favourite beverages. It explains tea pairings, tea and chocolate, tea and health, tea and sandwiches, fascinating tea facts, buying the right tea, tea to help you sleep and tea cozies and teapots. It also features over one hundred tips on baking cakes and has some recipes for delicious loaf cakes. It finishes with several lovely tea quotes.
A great book for any tea devotee. It’s available on Amazon for £2.99
Over the last three months of spending hours after hours and days after days at the hospital, where my Dad was, I started making notes of some of my posts on tea, cake and chocolate as I felt sure I could use it in a book.
There are nineteen chapters which cover all the tea topics I have mentioned above plus tips on how to make the best cake, pastry, and more. I also cover baking apps and recipe books old and new.
I finally finished it at the weekend and it is now available to buy as a paperback and hopefully as a kindle read soon. I would love some feedback if any readers bought the book.
What’s your favourite Camomile tea? With so many to choose from it’s difficult to decide. Here are some of the most popular ones on the market.
Dorset Tea Cool Camomile Tea 20 Bags (great for summer) £2.49
Floradix Organic Camomile Herbal Tea 15 Bags £1.69
All about British Tea from a beautiful graphic on Pinterest.
Lots of ways to enjoy tea with this graphic from The Daily Tea Blog