We find out the benefits of salmon for our health with dietician and Tassal ambassador, Susie Burrell. Salmon is frequently referred to as a superfood, and for good reason. It’s one of the best sources of omega-3 fatty acids found in nature. Omega-3 plays an important role in promoting great overall health, however since our bodies can’t…The Health Benefits of Salmon —
Category: baking tips
A 68% INCREASE IN EATING EGGS FOR BREAKFAST DURING THE FIRST LOCKDOWN…
A survey carried out during the first lockdown found that we ate eggs for breakfast 68% more times than in the previous year.
Of course, this was because so many of us were working from home.
Pesto eggs even had their own special moment on the social media platform Tik Tok. 12 million people watched a video posted by Amy Willchowski showing the creation of this healthy food hack. Check it out on Tik Tok.
7 reasons to eat eggs regularly –
- Whole eggs are packed with nutrients. They are full of vitamins, minerals, high-quality protein, good fats and various other lesser-known nutrients.
- A large egg contains 77 calories, with 6 grams of quality protein, 5 grams of fat and trace amounts of carbohydrates.
- Studies have shown that eggs actually improve your cholesterol level. They improve your cholesterol level by raising HDL (good) cholesterol and increase the size of LDL particles, which should lower the risk of heart disease.
- Eggs are full of ‘Choline’ which is a lesser-known nutrient that is often grouped with the B-complex vitamins. Choline is an essential nutrient that few people get enough of. Egg yolks are an excellent source of choline.
- Eggs are a brilliant source of protein, with all the essential amino acids in the right ratios.
- Eggs are very high in the antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin, which can drastically reduce the risk of macular degeneration and cataracts.
- Eggs are very filling. Eating eggs for breakfast may reduce calorie intake later in the day which can help with fat loss.
Source: Vitality Health, Healthline, TikTok