The question is are there any other foods or drink that have been reported to have as many health benefits as green tea?
The Chinese have known about the medicinal benefits of green tea since ancient times. It is made using the leaves of the Chinese Camellia sinensis plant. The leaves are then applied to heat quickly after picking which minimizes oxidation. This is thought to give the green tea it’s many benefits.
1. Researchers have suggested that it can help slash the risk of developing cancer by shrinking tumours.
2. It has been known to stabilise your cholesterol levels.
3. It has shown significant reductions in deaths of cardiovascular disease.
4. It can boost your immune system and aid weight loss.
5. It has been effective in the treatment of Multiple Sclerosis.
6. It can reduce tooth decay.
7. A recent report has shown that it can also slow the onset of Alzheimers and Parkinsons Disease.
8. It can help fight infections and allergies to the body.
9. They also say it can slow the ageing.
10. The latest news on Green tea is that it can enhance the ability of our brains’ cognitive functions especially on the working memory, a Swiss scientists suggest.Researchers have recommended further study into how green tea can help with cognitive impairments such as dementia.
11. Green tea’s other benefits include reducing the risk of type 2 diabetes. This research was conducted at the University Hospital of Basel Switzerland and led by Professors Christoph Beglinger and Stefan.
12. Drinking green tea ‘may’ reduce the risk of age related functional disabilities like osteoporosis and rheumatoid arthritis.
13. They say that for people who consume 1 2 cups of green tea per day have a ten percent lower risk of becoming disabled.
Drink yourself young with the following three drinks –
Green Tea – In a Chineses study, people who drank three or more cups of green tea daily were biologically five years younger than those who drank less than a cup a day. According to StyleCraze, a Chinese study showed that men, who consumed green tea, had their cells aging at a much slower rate than the men who didn’t. Researchers think that the antioxidants in green tea are the reason behind this phenomenon. Green Tea also consists of powerful flavonoids that contribute to healthy and youthful knees. They also help reduce cartilage and collagen destruction in arthritic joints. This helps prevent both rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. Green tea, being an excellent antioxidant moisturizer, can cleanse your skin and make it radiant. Just dab a cotton ball into the remaining green tea in your cup and apply it on your skin.
Cocoa – A cup of cocoa every day may help to maintain brain health, according to research. This is thought to be due to the naturally high levels of antioxidants it contains, known as flavanols. According to Natural Health News scientists from Seoul National University in Korea believe that cocoa has anti-aging benefits and say that their tests show that the antioxidants in cacao may actually help to prevent wrinkles. According to the researchers, cacao boosts skin by increasing blood flow and improving skin density and hydration.
Ordinary Tea – Drinking three cups a day can reduce the risk of heart disease by 11% and lessen the build-up of plaque in the arteries, thanks to its high level of flavonoids. The powerful Antioxidants and antibacterial properties help immune system stay healthy, prevent signs of early aging, maintain weight, help control cholesterol levels and provides protection against cancer. White tea is the least processed tea over green and black tea and thus has the highest levels of anti-oxidants.
Tea has been used medicinally as a natural remedy for centuries for the body as well as the mind. Drinking tea is something that I’ve added to my daily self-care routine and I’ve noticed a difference in my overall health and mood. There is literally a tea for every type of ailment out there […]
If you have never enjoyed an afternoon tea, or if your an enthusiastic lover of afternoon teas then I’m sure one of the course from the company English Afternoon Tea,’ will be suitable for you.
They specialise in traditional afternoon tea courses and you learn in a friendly, informal environment and the courses are designed to introduce you to the world of afternoon tea.
They offer one-to-one tuition, covering baking through to the social history of tea. Course varies from one to five days. The courses, which take place in Sandgate, Kent offer are One-Day Gluten-Free Baking Course, One-Day Cream Tea Course, One-Day Brief History of Afternoon Tea with Baking, One-Day Academic Course and a Five-Day English Afternoon Tea course with a tea party.
GYOKURO ASAHI TEA is the rarest Japenese tea of all, being grown in the Kyoto region under special bamboo shades to control the amount of sunlight to the plants. ‘Gyokuro Asahi’ translates to ‘noble dewdrop’ in Japanese
The fine emerald needle-shaped leaves give a bright, delicate exquisite infusion. This green tea is naturally sweet and strong and known the world over for its fantastic health benefits – it’s full of antioxidants, great for cholesterol and a fantastic weight loss aid. Gyokuro Asahi is grown in the shade, similar to matcha tea. This gives the tea its rich green colour and helps to boost its nutrients
This shaded growth and minimal oxidation allow this tea’s leaves to keep more of their natural nutrients and antioxidants.The extra shelter this tea is given during growth contributes to the strong, sweet and satisfyingly full-flavoured taste in every cup of gyokuru asahi.