Eight top #tips for using fruit in your cooking:-
- Add dried fruit to your recipes it can actually be better for you than fresh fruit, as the dehydration process can make some nutrients more concentrated.
- The antioxidants in dried cranberries and grapes are twice as potent as in fresh fruit.
- Make sure you check the sugar content of your fruit as some of them in particular cranberries, can be very high.
- Always soak your dried fruit overnight and for extra flavour soak the fruit in apple or orange juice or marinate in your favourite liqueur (brandy) for three days, stirring it every 12 hours.
- For a moist fruit cake with extra flavour, grate a cooking apple into the mixture.
- When making an apple pie, pop your apple slices into some water and add a little salt or lemon. It will stop them from discolouring.
- To bring out the flavour of strawberries when cooking them in deserts, add a touch of balsamic vinegar.
- Hull strawberries easily by using a straw.