Here’s another ten great baking tips…
1. To extend the life of your cake, store with half an apple.
2. Take your butter out of the fridge in advance so it is nice and soft.
3. For a great rolling pin, fill a wine bottle (after you have enjoyed it) with warm water and replace the cork securely or preferably use a screw top wine bottle.
4. If you do not have any cake liners then spray your cake tins with sunflower spray oil, it saves messing with butter.
5. If you forgot to get your eggs out for baking then pop them into a bowl and cover with hot water. Remove a couple of minutes before baking.
6. Get even portions of cupcake mixture by using an ice-cream scoop.
7. For perfect sponges use the same weight of eggs, flour, sugar and butter.
8. Invest in an oven thermometer.
9. Keep cookies fresh by putting a slice of bread in the airtight container with them.
10. Sift your flour it will transform your baking.
Cinnamon is a great addition to your diet as it lowers blood sugar levels. They suggest you only have one teaspoon to help lower you blood sugar level.
Cinnamon is a popular spice, especially for baked goods and desserts. Aside from its distinctive aroma, cinnamon is believed to help lower the blood sugar level, making it suitable for obese patients who are at higher risk of diabetes. However, consumption should be limited to one teaspoon per day, as excessive amounts can result in liver problems.
The website Livestrong say whether or not you take your coffee with cream and sugar, milk and honey or with nothing at all, cinnamon tea is a simple, healthful beverage that many enjoy. Cinnamon tea has a sweet, spicy flavor as well as significant health benefits. To prepare this tea, boil a 3-inch piece of cinnamon stick in 1 1/4 cups of water for 15 to 25 minutes, and then let it steep and rest for another 15 minutes. Or, mix 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder with hot water and stir. One gram of cinnamon equals 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder or 1/2 cinnamon stick.
Failing that there are a number of Cinnamon Teas you can buy like Pukka Teas Organic Three Cinnamon Tea Bags, Holland and Barrett Yogi Organic Cinnamon Spiced Tea or Rooibos Ahmad Cinnamon Tea.