With us all spending so much more time at home at the moment I though a post on some of the old fashioned type of cleaning tips might come in handy. So here are
- To remove a scratch from a table, crack open a walnut and rub it along the scratch. Walnuts contain a natural resin which will conceal the scratch.
2. To get rid of ink stains from furniture soak a piece of cotton wool in water and cover the stain with it. That will then draw the mark out and into the cotton wool.
3. When defrosting a freezer, keep frozen food cold by wrapping it in several layers of newspaper.
4. Clean your microwave by placing half a lemon in water and setting it to boil.
5. To unblock a blocked sink tip a handful of bicarbonate of soda followed by a cup of vinegar straight down the plug. After a couple of hours, pour down a kettle of boiling water.
6. Spray nice smelling furniture polish behind the radiator to leave the room smelling clean and polished.
7. To clean your computer keys use a cotton bud and the same to clean the ball of a computer mouse.
8. Add a shot of vodka or lemonade to the water in your vases as this will keep your flowers fresh for longer.
9. To banish mildew from grout In a spray bottle, dilute one cup of white vinegar with three cups of water. A spray of this now and again will prevent mildew from forming.
10. To remove limescale from your kettle. In a spray bottle, dilute one cup of white vinegar with three cups of water. A spray of this now and again will prevent mildew from forming.
Failing all these then buy the best book on the subject ‘Hinch Yourself Happy: All the Best Cleaning Tips to Shine Your Sink And Soothe Your Soul by Mrs Hinch, (£6.49) Amazon