Would you love to find an easier way to clean your oven baking trays? Well, here are a few tips on how to clean them the easy way.
- Cover the baking tray in hot, soapy water, and leave it for 30 minutes. Once the time is up, scrub the tray with a 2p coin using a circular motion.
- Remove any loose bits with a paper towel – refrain from using a scourer as this can damage the tray. Next, pour the water and some baking soda into the sink, and soak the tray for an hour. Drain the water and wipe away any residue using a cloth or sponge.
- If you have a dishwasher then after you have removed any loose bits place it on the bottom shelf of your dishwasher and wash as normal.
- If you haven’t got a dishwasher then buy yourself some dishwasher tablets as they are excellent for cleaning pans etc. To clean a baking tray fill the kitchen sink with hot water, and add a small amount of dishwashing liquid or pop in a tablet. Soak the tray for at least one hour. Allow the soap to cut through the remaining oils and grease. If your tray doesn’t fit into the sink completely, you’ll want to turn it over at the one-hour mark and allow the other side to soak. Clean with a sponge then finish by popping it into the dishwasher for one final clean.
- After soaking your baking tray for several hours in washing up liquid and a dishwasher tablet put white wine vinegar, or apple cider vinegar, into a spray bottle and liberally spray the tray over the tray. Clean well with a wire brush or sponge if non-stick tray.