We all enjoy a bit of baking but if you do not have the right tools to bake with it becomes less enjoyable. Here are 6 essential tools you need for better baking.
- Measuring cups and spoons...Accuracy of measurement is very important when it comes to getting a successful result. Get yourself a set of measuring spoons and cups which are available for both wet and dry ingredients. Make sure to use the tools as per instructions to get the perfect taste for your bake. If you can use digital weighing scales to measure ingredients for the most precise measurement.
- Sieves… They help to ensure your flour/confectioners’ sugar does not clump up when you are using them. Mixing dry ingredients like flour, cocoa powder, coffee, baking soda, and caster sugar can often lead to lumps. So, having a mesh sieve will help you to sieve all the dry ingredients perfectly. You can also use it to sprinkle some sugar on top of your cake or dessert.
- Baking Pans…This an absolutely essential piece of equipment as without the correct baking pans your cakes will not rise properly. My choice would be a muffin pan, a baking sheet, a loaf tin and a round/square cake pan can give you plenty of baking options. A swapped all mine for silicone one’s last year as I do a lot of baking and they are so easy to use and keep clean.
- Basic utensils… A whisk for beating eggs or mixing your ingredients well. A spatula for folding in ingredients, and scraping off bowls and a pastry brush to brush your pastry with egg or milk. Silicon spatulas make the baking process extremely convenient and of course a rolling pin.
- A mixer – I know this is not an essential piece of equipment but getting one will elevate your baking experience almost immediately! They can save plenty of time, and energy. Stand mixers are useful for thicker doughs, whereas handheld mixers are easier to clean and pack up. I just have a handheld mixer as I do not make much dough.
- A cooling rack – Cooling racks provide good ventilation for your goods to cool. Cakes and biscuits would not cool correctly without a cooling rack.
One thought on “6 ESSENTIAL TOOLS FOR BETTER BAKING…”
Reblogged this on THE VILLAGE KITCHEN.