Skip to content
- If you don’t have a skewer or something similar to check your cake try using a piece of dried spaghetti instead.
- Before putting your cake mixture into the oven, tap the cake tin on a counter to release any large air bubbles in the mixture.
- Never open the oven door in the first half hour of baking as the cold air will interfere with the rising of your cake.
- For a moister fruit cake in electric ovens or Aga’s, place a dish of water on the floor of the oven when baking.
- ‘Always’ turn Your oven on before you start, to ensure it is the correct temperature.
- Avoid opening the oven door to often as this reduces the temperature of your oven and can then cause the cake to sink.
- Do not overcrowd your oven, the pans should never touch each other, or be placed over or under each other.