These green tips on used tea leaves is from the site Green Living Tips which explains about how tea can affect the environment, and a few extra tips from One Good Thing website.
Uses for used tea leaves and tea bags…
- If you do use tea bags, instead of throwing them into your household trash bin – they can be composted or added to a worm farm.
- I’ve seen dried tea leaves suggested as an incense (although in my opinion, burning tea leaves smell pretty bad)
- Burning tea leaves is said to repel mosquitos
- Dried tea leaves can absorb moisture in cupboards and odors in refrigerators
- Tea leaves sprinkled in kitty litter can help reduce smell
- Remove oil from pots and pans without impacting on their “seasoned” aspects
- Dried tea leaves can sop up oil spills in the kitchen.
- Soak old tea bags in melted wax to make firelighters
- You can use the leaves from a tea bag to freshen up your carpets! Just allow a tea bag to dry out, then remove the leaves. Stir the leaves into a big handful of baking soda, then sprinkle the mixture over dingy or smelly spots on your carpet. Let it sit for about 20 minutes, then vacuum the area thoroughly.
- Re-brew used tea bags to refresh parched skin. Allow the tea to cool, then pour it into a spray or squeeze bottle. Then just spritz it onto your skin or apply with a cotton pad.
These stunning used tea bags art which I wrote about earlier in the year I found on Pinterest are totally unique. There is even a book of some of these images by Ruby Silvious – 363 Days of Tea. A Visual Journey on used tea bags.
In 2016, Ruby also worked on “52 Weeks of Tea” and “26 Days of Tea in Japan,” created during her art residency at Studio Kura in Itoshima. This collection reflects a mix of ancient and contemporary style and inspiration.
More recently she created paintings based on art masterpieces such as Vermeer’s “The Milkmaid” and “Woman in Blue Reading a Letter,” as submissions to the 2017 International Rijksstudio Award.
One thought on “NEW WAYS FOR USED TEA LEAVES AND TEA BAGS…”
Reblogged this on Blogger Bar & Social Influencer.