Are you struggling with ideas for Veganuary? I think most of us are struggling with everything at the moment so here are some tips to help you win with Veganuary. In Dr. Vegan’s article, plant-based nutritionist Riya Lakhani (ANutr), has put together some easy hacks to help you get the most out of plant-based eating.
When putting together your shopping list, plan your meals in advance to help you keep your meal choices varied and nutritionally sound. Your grocery list should contain the following:
- Fresh fruits and vegetables. No rules here but try butternut squash, pomegranates and sweet potatoes
- Carbohydrate sources including oats, rice, quinoa, whole-wheat pasta and noodles
- Protein sources such as kidney beans, white beans, black-eyed peas and lentils
- Healthy fat sources including nuts and chia seeds, avocados and nut butters
- Refrigerated foods including tofu, tempeh, seitan, plant-based milks
- Sauces and condiments including tomato sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, mustard and chilli sauce
- Cupboard staples including coconut milk, coconut flour, cocoa powder, dark chocolate, nutritional yeast, herbs and spices
There are some delicious recipes to inspired you like Avocado Spinach Whole-Grain Toast
You can find lots of ideas on Dr. Vegan’s site which sell higher quality, naturally sourced, and plant-based supplements that really work. Made in the UK, Dr. Vegan’s products are naturally sourced and plant-based, more absorbable, and contain zero animal products or any nasty additives.