A few did you know this on food ?…
1.To keep potatoes from budding, place an apple in the bag with the potatoes.
2. When a cake recipe asks you to flour the baking tin, use a bit of dry cake mix instead and there won’t be any white mess on the outside of the cake.
3. Wrap celery in aluminium foil when putting in the refrigerator and it will keep for weeks.
4. Always crack an egg on a flat surface, never the edge of a bowl. Otherwise, you’ll risk shell shards and possible contamination of your food.
5. Do not throw out all that leftover wine. Freeze into ice cubes for future use in casseroles and sauces. (That’s if you have any wine leftover lol)
6. When making scones cover freshly baked ones with a slightly damp tea towel. This will help to keep them light and soft.
7. When baking a cake in a loaf tin, rather than buying expensive liners use silver foil instead. Just get the mould of the tin by putting the foil on the outside of the tin then transfer it inside for a perfect fit.