We all try to make our cakes taste delicious but at the same time it’s important to have the right texture to your cake. Some tips I have found to help you make the best cake texture are –
- Add 2 tablespoons of salad oil to your cake mixture, as this can keep the mixture moist and less crumbly.
2. Try using buttermilk instead of milk as it gives a better texture to your cake. For every 250ml of buttermilk used add half a teaspoon of baking soda.
3. If you weigh four whole eggs in their shells, then whatever the weight is, that’s how much each of flour, sugar and butter you should add. This will ensure an delicious cake every time.
4. Measure all your ingredients accurately.
5. Avoid over mixing as it can cause a heavy texture, beat the mixture until it is just smooth.
6. Bake your cake immediately once mixed as the baking powder begins to act as soon as its combined with liquid.
7. Leave scones for a minute before you pop them into the oven as resting them allow the baking powder to become active.
8. Never open the oven for at least the first half of the baking time as the cold air will interfere with the rising of the cake.